As part of our efforts to make TheatreCircles.com a friendly, accepting and diverse online community, we have established a list of rules and terms to abide by when using our site.
TheatreCircles.com is not responsible for any user-created content on the site, including but not limited to social networks and streams, forums, chat areas, email services, and/or other message or communication facilities unless the contrary is expressly stated.
TheatreCircles.com (including its Social networking Services, mobile apps and other online branded platforms) are general-purpose sites and are designed for use by individuals that are 13 years of age or older. We do advertise this site may contain adult oriented content, but we request that all users act knowing that younger members of our community, particularly those struggling with identity and acceptance, may be using this site - please look after them and be kind.
Respecting Other Users
1. We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Community Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Community Service. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, homophobia, heterophobia or excessive profanity. Be courteous to others, even if your opinion differs from theirs.
2. Do not make inflammatory remarks in order to provoke others.
3. Bumping messages to the top of a forum in order to get them noticed is allowed once only.
4. Using all CAPITALS, excessive punctuation, and website URLs in message subjects is forbidden. However, you may use URLs in the message body.
5. Using all CAPITALS in a message is considered a breach of forum etiquette. Learn to use your CAPSLOCK key appropriately.
6. Post in the appropriate area. Do not be surprised if you post in the wrong forum and your thread is moved or deleted.
7. Have a point. Threads with no point will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
8. Use the social network appropriately. Do not use the public option if your messages would be more appropriate in a private message, email, chat, or phone conversation.
9. You are allowed to use images in your posts, but be mindful of those people with slow connections. If the images are very large consider using a URL instead. Images may be removed at the moderators' discretion. You must not upload any image that is considered by publications standards to be pornography.
10. Signatures, if used on parts of our site, should not be more than 2 lines of text.
11. Personal matters between yourself and another user of TheatreCircles.com must remain between yourself and them. TheatreCircles.com is NOT the place to air your private grievances.
12. Threats of any kind (either implied or explicit) will, at the discretion of the moderators, result in the loss of your website usage rights.
13. Managers and/or Moderators who manage the Community Services may eject or ban users, as well as edit or remove posts that violate this Code of Conduct.
Stay Within The Law
1. TheatreCircles.com does not allow any illegal activities. You cannot use the Community Services to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information.
2. Do not post somebody else's private details. These include but are not limited to the following: real name, workplace, phone number, home address, car registration or e-mail address. Doing so will result in an immediate ban.
3. TheatreCircles.com reserves the right to remove posts discussing and/or promoting illegal activities including but not limited to the possession, procurement and consumption of drugs, criminal activity and other associated issues.
4. Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent. TheatreCircles.com is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post.
5. Do not post any materials (including software and other information) that could harm (or is designed to harm) other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
6. Do not upload any photographs onto TheatreCircles.com, in particular profile pictures, that are sexually explicit or revealing of private parts. TheatreCircles.com is a community website and should not be used for pornographic purpose. Any photos that are explicit in nature will be moderated and removed. If a member repeatedly uploads explicit pictures they will be banned.
Be Kind To Each Other
1. TheatreCircles.com does not tolerate disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our online network was established for people to ASSIST one another in a positive and constructive way.
2. TheatreCircles.com does not allow posting or use of computer programs that contain destructive features such as: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, and other activities that can be disruptive to online communication.
3. Community Services may NOT be used to promote views about subliminal messages contained within any other artists' music.
4. Falsely impersonating a TheatreCircles.com employee, agent, moderator, host, volunteer, forum user, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden. A user account that is likely to mislead others will be banned.
5. TheatreCircles.com reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for offences relating to disruption of others or for violation of this Code.
1. TheatreCircles.com works with businesses, artists, managers, promoters and other community members. These people are to be treated with respect at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome where appropriate (try using the reviews on our city guides if you want your opinion on commercial enterprises to be known) but disruptive or abusive comments will not be tolerated.
2. Promoters are welcome to answer questions about events on the social network, by establishing their own group, participating in discussions or commenting on articles and stories.
3. We are NOT a forum for negativity or "trolling" the publisher reserves the right to remove ANY post or membership of any person that it feels at its judgement to be participating in negative activity. We are a private website, made for its members. Any user who is found to be creating a profile only for the purpose of negativity or to harass other members, only participate in one level of engagement, and not using the site for its intended purpose, will be removed without notification or communication on the publishers decision. This may include banning the users IP Address from accessing this and associated services.
No Spam - No Selling
1. Please don't "spam" through the Community Services. To spam includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different forums, posting one word replies, or posting gimmick replies. Usually such postings have nothing to do with the particular topic of the group or are of no real interest to those reading the thread. To spam also includes misrepresenting the source of anything you say or post. Spamming is a serious violation of online etiquette.
2. The site not to be used as advertisements for your events. If you want to let people know about your event then use the What's On section of TheatreCircles.com and submit your event there. After all it's free.
Remember that by advertising outside of our advertising system you are unfairly taking away from promoters who have purchased banner advertisements on TheatreCircles.com. Our team will remove all unauthorised advertising posts.
3. TheatreCircles.com reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for spamming.
4. The Community Services areas may be used to provide supplemental information regarding your own business (provided you do not use spam to provide this information); however, the Community Services areas are not designed to be used as a mechanism for operating your business or providing core information about your business. Any use of the Community Services for commercial purposes is solely at your own risk and TheatreCircles.com has no liability for such use. Please look at upgrading and purchasing a listings and reviews page on our City Guide if your keen on promoting your business to our community.
5. Any space provided to you in any Community Service is for your own personal use. You may not sell, license, exchange or barter any space provided to you within any Community Service for any purpose including, without limitation, selling, licensing, exchanging or bartering space for advertisements.
EVENT PROMOTION MUST BE LIMITED TO YOUR WHATS ON LISTING. You may only communicate past this with members of your own group, only fans of your group who have joined up may receive additional communications from you on our site.
If you'd like assistance in promoting/advertising your event, please click here to see advertising options
You Are - after all, Responsible.
1. You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating on TheatreCircles.com (all platforms). Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post. You are responsible for your TheatreCircles.com account. Your account may not to be shared with another person. Please take care to log out of your TheatreCircles.com account if you are accessing TheatreCircles.com from a computer in a public place. Each user will be held ultimately accountable for all posts made from their account.
2. TheatreCircles.com offers our users the ability to create their own social networking areas (e.g. chats, groups, events listings, city guide listings and personal profiles). TheatreCircles.com takes no responsibility for the ratings, content, nor any activities resulting from the content or otherwise, in these areas. The creators or hosts of these user-created areas are required to agree to and uphold this Code of Conduct before creating their Community Service.
3. The Community Services areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any Community Service such as photos, documents and software. TheatreCircles.com is not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials included in any Community Service.
4. TheatreCircles.com reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created Community Service (or any particular posting) that violates this Code of Conduct.
5. Some Community Services may post Internet website links in their area. Please be advised that TheatreCircles.com is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with the links you may view.
6. Posting offensive content (including but not limited to text, images or links to objectionable content) is expressly prohibited. Offensive content is defined as adult content, gross depictions of disease or injury, or any other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable. Remember that many users visit these forums from their workplace, and that you may be risking a person's job by posting such content.
7. You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any Community Service, remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
More About our Terms and conditions (or code of conduct)
1. It is prohibited to encourage other users to break this Code of Conduct, or break the rules yourself.
2. TheatreCircles.com reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend access to any Community Service for violations of our Code of Conduct, without further correspondence.
3. TheatreCircles.com also reserves our right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
Protect Your Privacy
1. We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as tax file numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, driver license numbers) to strangers online, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes. TheatreCircles.com will not be liable for any consequences that may arise from the disclosure by you of any such information.
1. We rely on our members to do the right thing, and if called in to moderate a situation, we will take the stance most appropriate to these terms - or whichever is the chosen path of the owners of TheatreCircles.com - with no exception.
2. If you feel that somebody has breached the community guidelines we strongly suggest you use the Report this post function.
3. If you do not want to abide by the rules you are not welcome on this website. We have created this site for the enjoyment of many - we specifically have not established certain online features, to avoid a negative environment for our users.
You have read, agree to and understand this document and the associate Privacy statement by becoming a member of this website.
If you do not agree, do not proceed with your membership, or terminate your membership immediately by deleting your profile.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND POLICY
How is personal information collected?
In order to provide customers with a quality service, TheatreCircles.com offers customers the ability to sign up as a community member, interact with other members, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions and purchase tickets and products online through http://www.TheatreCircles.com and it's associated online platforms via devices with an internet connection. In order to provide these services, TheatreCircles.com collects personal information about customers (members). Collection of this information will occur at the time you enter a competition, make a purchase or when you register as a TheatreCircles.com member through our website.
What personal information does TheatreCircles.com collect and why?
If you purchase products, register as a member or enter a competition through TheatreCircles.com, we need to collect personal information about you, including your name, address, email address and telephone number(s). The reason we need this information is so we can contact you to send you a prize, or to notify you in the case of an event cancellation or change of event details. We also need some of this information in order to process your online credit card payment. TheatreCircles.com will also provide you with the opportunity to receive special offers and promotions if you wish to do so. Even if you initially choose to subscribe to receive special offers, you may also unsubscribe or resubscribe at a later stage - all you need to do is visit your profile page and adjust your preferences.
(or contact TheatreCircles.com through the contact details at 12 below).
Will personal information be given to anyone else?
TheatreCircles.com will not sell or trade personal information about you to or with third parties. TheatreCircles.com will only disclose information about you, if you have given your consent, so that you can be provided with promotional Friendrial and special offers. Competition winners will be contacted with a request for publication of their information on winners list, otherwise our default position is NOT to disclose winners publicly. TheatreCircles.com will only disclose personal information if this is required by law (to a court or other institution where required by law) or permitted under the Privacy Act.
Security of personal information
TheatreCircles.com protects the personal information it collects in a secure database, which can only be accessed by employees with the highest security clearance. TheatreCircles.com employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by TheatreCircles.com as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
Sometimes, TheatreCircles.com needs to collect personal information about individuals who are not members. This will usually arise where we collect the name and business contact details of our clients. TheatreCircles.com's policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information that TheatreCircles.com holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. As an TheatreCircles.com member, you are able to access or correct the personal information that TheatreCircles.com holds about you - simply by logging onto our website at http://www.TheatreCircles.com Both members and non-members may ask us to correct information, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To provide you with access to personal information about you, TheatreCircles.com would usually provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our database. If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing, including your phone number, and forward this to our Privacy Officer at PO Box 1600, DARLINGHURST NSW 1300, Australia. In the interests of protecting the privacy of individuals about whom we hold personal information, we will require that you verify your identity by enclosing a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport with your written request (this will be returned to you after your identity has been verified). If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer, using the contact details at 12 below, with your request for correction. TheatreCircles.com's policy is to consider any requests for access or correction within 21 days. Ordinarily, TheatreCircles.com will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
Further notes regarding online privacy
Online collection of personal and non-personal information
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, TheatreCircles.com has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
Secure Online Transactions
If you make a purchase through our website, we process your credit card details securely over the Internet using an accredited Internet payment security system. With the combination of encryption provided by a third party and a secure browser at your end, we take all measures to ensure that your credit card and anonymity are protected when you purchase online.
Links to other websites
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-TheatreCircles.com website, please understand that TheatreCircles.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Additional privacy information and how to contact TheatreCircles.com
International Members and usage
All members of TheatreCircles.com are treated equally and without prejudice to the terms of this privacy statement under the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia - where TheatreCircles.com is based.
By agreeing to site membership, you agree to all of these privacy terms as part of our general site terms and conditions and have read and understood them.